Our Blueberry Smoothie Bowl — which you enjoy with a spoon, not a straw! — is loaded with delicious, good-for-you ingredients, starting with blueberries, bananas and spinach. Almond butter, flaxseed and hemp seed hearts, with their protein and good-for-you fats, give this smoothie “staying power,” so you won’t be hungry a half-hour after eating it.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, plus a few more for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup coconut water or tap water, plus more if necessary
- 2 teaspoons hemp seed hearts
- In a blender, combine the banana, blueberries, spinach, almond butter, flax and coconut water. Puree until smooth and creamy (it will be thick). If it’s too thick to blend completely, add a little more coconut water.
- Spoon the smoothie into bowls and top with a few extra blueberries and the hemp seed hearts.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 2 servings
Total fat: 12 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Protein: 6 g
Carbohydrate: 26 g
Dietary fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 14 g
Added sugar: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 8 mg
— Developed by Sara Quessenberry for Cleveland Clinic Wellness.