This lighter chicken noodle casserole includes a creamy base but with fewer calories and fat. It offers niacin, a B vitamin that helps increase HDL (your good cholesterol) levels in the blood, and folate which assists in DNA and RNA production. It’s also high in vitamin C.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 can cream of chicken soup, low sodium
½ cup skim milk
½ cup celery, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen broccoli
2 cups raw boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 ½ cups egg noodles
¾ cup bread crumbs
- Cook egg noodles per package instructions. Remove from heat when pasta is al dente. Drain the noodles and set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, add enough water to cover chicken. Cook the chicken over medium‑high heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, add cream of chicken soup and milk. Mix well.
- Pour diluted soup into large bowl with noodles. Add cubed chicken, celery, mushrooms, peas and broccoli. Stir to evenly coat ingredients with soup.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a casserole dish with non-fat non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
Each serving contains:
Total fat 3.5g
Saturated fat 1g
Trans fat 0g
Total carbohydrate 29g
Dietary fiber 3g