Ground turkey takes on the delightful flavors of Asian cuisine, thanks to a mix of scallions, cilantro, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. You don’t even need to light the grill — these turkey burgers cook to perfection in a non-stick skillet.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 pound ground turkey (white meat)
2 scallions (white and light green parts), chopped
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
½ of avocado, sliced
4 cups salad greens, for serving
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, cilantro, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Shape into 4 patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the patties and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Toss the salad greens with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, and divide evenly among the four plates.
- Place one patty on each plate, and top each with slices of avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with a lime wedge.
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 4.6g
Dietary fiber 4g
Recipe developed by cookbook author Sara Quessenberry for Cleveland Clinic Wellness