Try this easy, turkey meatloaf recipe. Herbs, spices, and vegetables are a great way to spice it up. The flavors come from a wide variety of sources to add extra depth.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
1 lb ground turkey breast
½ cup onion, finely chopped
½ cup carrot, diced
½ cup celery, diced
¼ cup plain whole wheat breadcrumbs
¼ cup salsa
¼ cup low fat sour cream
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp chili powder
2 tbsp diced green chilies
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- Spray loaf pan with canola or olive oil spray.
- Lightly beat eggs with a fork in a small bowl.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, salsa and low fat sour cream in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine turkey, vegetables, eggs, breadcrumb mixture, cumin, chili powder, diced green chilies and garlic. Mix together in loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees until internal temperature registers at 165 degrees.
Makes 6 servings.
Each serving contains:
Total fat: 4g
Saturated fat: 1g
Trans fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 7g
Recipe courtesy of Digestive Disease Health Team Dietitians