This breakfast wrap is filled with all you need for a great start to your day. It can also work as a tasty lunch or dinner.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
4 eggs, whisked
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup greens of choice (spinach, kale, watercress, chard), chopped
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
¼ cup kalamata olives, diced
½ teaspoon basil, dried
Dash cayenne pepper
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
8 slices roast turkey breast, organic if possible
¼ cup hummus
1 avocado, sliced into 8 segments
- Keep whisked eggs in a bowl at room temperature.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 2 minutes, or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add garlic and stir to combine. Add greens, tomato, olives and seasonings. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add eggs to mixture and scramble.
- Turn heat off.
- Layer 2 slices of turkey together. Spread a layer of hummus on top.
- Place a little egg mixture on one-half of the turkey breast and then roll the rest of the turkey around the egg mixture.
- If desired, place back into skillet and cook the wrap until the turkey is warmed through, or eat as-is. Spread any leftover egg mixture over the top.
- Top with avocado and serve with a side of berries.
Each wrap contains:
Saturated fat 5g
*If you add 1/2 cup berries to eat with your wrap, it contains 365 calories, 7 grams of fiber and 17 carbohydrates.
From the book, 10-Day Detox, by Mark Hyman, MD